Sunday, October 13, 2013

When 0100.tif went down

Well folks, 0100.tif - that insane collaboration of illegible chicken scratch confusion - has been tackled, wrestled with, and transcribed.  I cannot say that it is perfect, or that it would actually appear as anything useful when it hits a webpage, but I still did something that I never thought I would be able to do before (or let's face it, want to do).  I don't think that I will quit my second graders and enter into a full time text encoding career.  I probably won't transcribe anything, or ever want to read the Economy chapter, again.  But I can honestly say that I think there is value in all that we did.  Even in reading Walden <---- don't quote me on that! I am happy knowing that I learned something completely, entirely, wholly, and incredibly new with TEI in the last couple of weeks - for that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment